Collaborations and Partners
Micronics is pleased to have received numerous competitive awards that employ its patented technologies and know how in microfluidics-based sample processing, rapid prototyping, and assay integration. Key collaborations to date include product development with funding from :
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s (BMGF) Grand Challenges in Global Health
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) / National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
- Department of Defense
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Direct awards to Micronics:
- U.S. Army’s Telemedicine and Advanced Technologies Research Center (TATRC)
Funding support received for the ABORhCard®. TATRC awarded the Company a two-year grant of approximately $500,000 to support Micronics’ verification and validation testing of the ABORhCard®.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Micronics has received several NIH /NIAID awards for the advancement of its technologies for novel applications of its platform technologies, including point of care molecular diagnosis of mother- to-child transmission of HIV, detection of known and emerging respiratory pathogens and others.